NICK'S SUPPER CLUB
FRIENDS, FOOD & SONG
ENCHILADAS WITH MOLE
Fill these enchiladas with whatever meat you like:
pork, chicken, shrimp, shredded beef.
Fresh Chopped Cilantro (Optional)
Sesame seeds (Optional)
Quest Fresco or cheddar (your choice, Its all good!!)
Sour Cream (Optional)
Place 2 Tbs vegetable oil in a frying pan.
Turn on heat. When hot, place the corn tortilla in the oil. You will see it start to fry. When the tortilla starts to bubble and take on color, turn over and do the same for the other side. Place what ever filling on 1/2 of the tortilla along with Mole sauce. Fold the tortilla in 1/2 over the filling. Place some Mole on the outside of the tortilla along with some Queso Fresco or Cheddar cheese. Place the tortillas under the broiler to melt the cheese.
Sprinkle with Fresh Cilantro,Sesame seeds and a little sour cream and serve.
5 tbs olive oil or vegetable oil
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 Plum or Roma tomatoes
1/2 Large white Onion
2 Tbs White Sesame seeds
3/4 cup Almonds
3/4 cup Peanuts
3/4 cup Raisins
2 Dried Guajillo Chilis
2 Dried Pasilla Chilis
2 Dried Ancho Chilis
7 oz Tablets of Chocolate (I like Abuelita Chocolate)
1 2 inch stk cinnamon
1 plantain Cut into slices and Fried in Vegetable oil (2 Tbs) (Do not use regular bananas they are too sweet)
2 corn tortillas
2 slices of Bread Toasted Italian/French etc..will do
6 cups of Chicken broth
1/2 tsp Salt and Black Pepper or to taste
MOLE SAUCE METHOD
• Using kitchen scissors, cut a slit lengthwise along 1 side of each Chili. Open chiles up and remove seeds, veins, and stems; discard stems. De-seed the peppers then place on the burners of your stove top or quickly broil them so they take on color (Do not Burn) Set aside
• Place Corn Tortillas in the Broiler of directly on fire until it takes on color it can even have little burn spots this adds to flavor Set aside.
• Toast 2 pieces of bread it can be french bread or any white bread and set aside.
• Place Peanuts,Almonds and Sesame seeds on baking sheet and toast under the Broiler until they taken color but do not burn.This happens quickly. Set aside
• Fry Onion and Garlic in 5 Tbs of Olive oil on medium heat until Onion is translucent but not browned. Now add tomato raisins, nuts and 2 cups of Chicken broth. Cook until tomato starts to break down and raisins begin to swell.
• Place all other ingredients in a pot with the remainder of the stock . Bring to a boil then let simmer for 20 - 30 minutes letting the ingredients meld.
• Now put contents of the pot in a blender until you have a smooth sauce.